At Home Brew Mart, there is only one thing we like to do more than brewing, and that is eating while we brew. So what would be more appropriate to snack on than some Sculpin Beer Cheese? This is a slightly modified version of a recipe that was passed on from our founder, Jack White's family.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3/4 cup Sculpin IPA (I personally like to use the Habanero Sculpin)
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese - grated
- 1 cup cream cheese - cubed
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon creamy horseradish
- 2 habanero peppers - deseeded (jalapeños work as well if you want some thing more mild)
- Use a food processor to chop up the 2 cloves of garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients and run the food processor until all of the ingredients are well blended.
- Chill for at least 2 hours and then it is ready to serve!
This recipe can be made with several different beers, Smoke Screen Smoked Lager, And our Pale Ale with roasted Serrano peppers are two of my favorite alternatives. Also pairs exceptionally well with a pint of Sculpin IPA and a side of baguette slices. I hope you enjoy.
Home Brew Mart / Ballast Point5401 Linda Vista Road suite #406
San Diego, Ca 92110
HBM on Facebook