Popular across the globe, buskers are public street performers known for their unusual and awe-inspiring acts. Seaport Village’s Spring Busker Festival is the only one of its kind in California and entrance to the festival is completely free.
As one of the most diverse lineups to date, this year’s busker acts come from around the world and bring remarkable talent to the waterfront. The list of performers includes:
- Ace-K: This Japanese sensation entertains audiences with swift moves and ninja-style acrobatics.
- Aerial Revolution: Performers will hang 30 feet in the air as they awe crowds with daring moves.
- Baard Kolstad: Hailing from Norway, this busker has received millions of views on YouTube for his high-energy drumming performances.
- Bekah Smith: This circus variety act features juggling, unicycling and laugh-out-loud comedy.
- Cate Flaherty: Award-winning busker Cate The Great offers a unique blend of acrobatics and juggling.
- Evan Young: Internationally trained juggler Evan Young uses his quick wit to make crowds laugh all around the world.
- Marcus Wilson: Comedian Marcus Wilson performs wild tricks using yo-yos, bowling balls and rolling boards during his unique variety show.
- Murrugun The Mystic: This Buskers After Dark performer has been featured on AMC’s “Freakshow” for performing death-defying acts such as swallowing swords and eating fire.
- Skip Banks: Known as “The Balloon Man,” Skip Banks has received national recognition for his one-of-a-kind human balloon show.
- Style Proz Crew: As seen on “America’s Got Talent,” this team of street dancers has moves that can’t be beat.
Returning for another night of unforgettable acts, Seaport Village will let the street performers loose for Buskers After Dark on Saturday, March 29 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. The untamed show will feature a DJ and multiple busker acts best suited for those over 18. Food and drink specials round out the evening, and include $1 beer selections from Stone IPA, Arrogant Bastard, Blue Moon, Flat Tire and Tailgate Breweries, among others.
Shops, restaurants and eateries will add to Seaport’s Spring Busker Festival flair with special sales. All shops, restaurants and eateries will be open for shopping and dining from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. While the Spring Busker Festival is free of charge, all buskers will be accepting tips.
Parking is available in the Seaport Village lots, where guests pay $3 for the first two hours with validation and $2 every 30 minutes thereafter. In addition, a complementary shuttle will be provided from the ABM parking lot on the northwest corner of Pacific Highway and West Broadway. Parking is $12 for up to 10 hours and shuttles will run every 15 minutes from 11:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. on both March 29 and 30. Additionally, Seaport Village is easily accessible on Metropolitan Transit System Trolley, via the Seaport Village stop on the Green Line.