We are looking for wonderful mentor volunteers who want to make a difference in the life of a high school student through the Academy of Business Mentoring Program (AOB) at Clairemont High School. We have now 50 slots available for our AOB 11th Grade Mentor Program (one-on-one mentoring) and 20 slots available for our 10th Grade Mentor Program (small group mentoring).
Have you mentored for us before? Do you know someone who wants to change a teenager's life? You could be that mentor for a high school student! We need professional mentor volunteers who would like to give of their time and wisdom to make a difference in the life of one or more of our students.
*Here are a few AOB Mentor Program fast facts & dates:
- Our academy students are 10th and 11th graders at Clairemont High's Academy of Business who volunteered to be in the program, knowing they would be matched with a mentor.
- Mentoring is a one-year commitment from September 2014 – June 2015
- Mentor-student sessions are once per month (usually a Thursday).
- Mentor-student sessions are held at Clairemont High and last for a duration of 1-2 hours; meeting agendas are already planned.
- Mentor-student sessions are held in the early afternoon: 11th grade sessions from 12- 1:15 pm and 10th Grade sessions from 1:00 - 2:15pm.
- The Academy offers two types of mentoring (mentors must choose): one-to-one mentoring (11th gr) and small group mentoring (10th gr).
- In order to participate, mentors must (1) apply online (returning mentors have a shortened app), (2) complete a LiveScan fingerprinting, (3) attend orientation (see dates below or on web), and then you will be carefully matched to a mentee student or student group.
- The deadline to apply for mentoring during the 2014-15 school year is Fri Sept 19 by 5pm
- Mentor Orientations (mandatory for all new mentors and returning that did not mentor in 2013-14) are on Thur. Sept.25, 4pm or Fri Sept. 26, 4pm (choose one to attend)
- The first mentor session of the 2013-14 school year is Thursday, October 2.
If you are interested, time is short! The application window is now open and will close on Sept. 19th! Click the link to register now on our AOB Mentor Application & Profile for 2014-15. (Note to returning mentors: you will only need to complete the contact info section of the application.)
MORE INFORMATION ON AOB MENTOR PROGRAMS:
Please visit our Mentor Program Page to read about this year's Mentor Program and Meetings for 2014-15.
Are you a returning Mentor from last year? Good news! We have shortened the application process for you! All you need to do is provide your updated contact info, and we will pull all other records from last year's profile! Please apply online today on our Mentor Application & Profile Form 2014-15.
For much more detailed information about the program objectives, mentoring guidelines, application process, exact meeting dates and times, and detailed agendas for meeting activities, please visit our Mentorships Page or go to our Academy of Business website www.academyCHS.org (formerly aobt.net) and click on the link in the right sidebar.
We hope you will consider being a mentor and changing a life this year. Please forward this email on to friends and coworkers who might also be interested in the mentor program.
All questions can be directed to program coordinator: Liz Rush at this email: firstname.lastname@example.org.