Before It Rains:
- Sign up for Alert San Diego notifications for all your telephone numbers.
- Make sure you know the safest routes to and from home should flooding occur.
- Create a family communication plan to stay in touch with loved ones.
- Protect your pets. Be sure they have proper identification (microchip).
- Have transportation ready for all larger animals under your responsibility.
When Rains Begin:
- Leave early if your property is in a flood zone. Water levels can rise fast once storms start. Do not hesitate to move if you see rising water.
- Follow all instructions issued by public safety personnel.
- Take advantage of shelters and staging areas. There will be important resources available should they be established during storms.
Important Online Resources:
Emergency Notification Center/
County Emergency Site/
Livestock in Disasters Brochure
Household Pets in Disasters Brochure
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment.